When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

craigs list find

-

M & M cycle

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi, Michael picked this Shelby Flyer up Wednesday off a Craigs list ad a hour from our house, he paid $75, it has original paint and nice pin stripping on the frame, fenders and wheels, really nice allstate heavy duty balloon tires, the 2 speed shifts smoothly, the Troxell seat is really nice, its his first Shelby bike, he says it rides great, shifts smooth, he says its definitely a keeper, we cant wait to give it a careful clean up and detail tomorrow, we will post pictures when we are done, can someone please help with the year? any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Mark & Michael

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6929.jpg

IMG_6931.jpg

Last edited:
Hellovadeal there, especially with a 2spd! Bet it'll look & ride great after a good clean & lube:cool:

There is a two speed nd hub on eBay for like $550...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

date?

Hi, we have done some research and it seems its hard to tell Shelby dates, can anyone ballpark the date on this bike? is it pre war or post war?, any help would be greatly appreciated, Many thanks, Mark & Michael

There is a two speed nd hub on eBay for like $550...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

People can ask whatever they want for whatever they have but that doesn't mean they will get it or what it's recognized value is. That's the beautiful thing about Capitalism. The market, supply and demand, determine the value.

Hi, we have done some research and it seems its hard to tell Shelby dates, can anyone ballpark the date on this bike? is it pre war or post war?, any help would be greatly appreciated, Many thanks, Mark & Michael

I'm not sure, its definitely one or the other though.

date

i was the next one in line,it was only 20 min from me,i have the same bike with a rear rack ,tankand front light,does yours have the shock east fort or struts?if it has a morrow rear hub there will be a year and what ouarter of the year it was,yours looks to be around 41 or 42,look for a 2 digit number which will be the year and a single digit which will tell you what quarter of the year it was made"i.e"1,2,3,4th for every 3 months of the year,i thaought for sure frank beat me to that one,its was close,was the girls bike no good?i thought for 35 bucks it looked ok,have fun!!!oops i spoke to soon,it has a 2 speed rear hub,butthe frame is identical to mine and mine is a 41

Last edited:
Back