When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigslist Buyers....... "Eager Time Wasters, Who Do Not Follow Though".

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
:) ...............................

I'm back on track, and finaly broke my bad luck streak. Today I sold a 1955 dated frameset, but for not as much as I was hoping for. The Buyer seemed really happy to be able to bring it home, and its now the oldest bike in his collection. It was my first bike sold since last October. (But I only list one bike at a time) and took several of the winter months off. I made just enough money to help track down a few parts for my next project.

Last edited:
Craigslist, cabe,Ebay, Facebook, they all have too many tire kickers and flakes. I'm not perfect myself,but try to keep my word and respect people's time.

I usually have at least several bikes and sometimes other stuff for sale on craigslist.
I had a call yesterday from a local number. A guy with a heavy foreign accent asking if the item I have posted for sale on CL is still available.
I said Which item? he says the item you have for sale. Asking me how much I'd take for it. I don't know wtf item you are talking about. I hung up and blocked the number.

Another one today by text. Couldn't understand a couple of the texts, but I assume it was due to autocorrect.
Asks "what's the best offer you'll take for the bike?" "Which one? I have several" and he is interested in seeing the other ones as well. I said come on by and take a look and make me an offer. I rarely negotiate by phone or text anymore, because they want to negotiate an even lower price when they get here.
I will negotiate once, and only once, so make it count. Money talks, bs walks. And I'm not about to negotiate with myself. I put a price on it, if you don't like the price, make an offer.

So we set up an appointment for 2pm and a little bit later he texts again and asks for a pic. I said "what do you want pics of? I still don't know which one you were interested in, and if you want to see them all just stop by at 2."
Haven't heard back yet, but I can tell what direction this is going. Hopefully he'll show up and buy a bike, but most likely I won't hear back from him.

I have sold a pretty good amount of stuff on CL and I'm glad it's available. But sometimes the stupidity is mind blowing.

So we set up an appointment for 2pm and a little bit later he texts again and asks for a pic. I said "what do you want pics of? I still don't know which one you were interested in, and if you want to see them all just stop by at 2."
Haven't heard back yet, but I can tell what direction this is going. Hopefully he'll show up and buy a bike, but most likely I won't hear back from him.

Update: This idiot actually showed up, and on time too, which surprised me. I thought, hmm maybe this won't be a waste of time after all.
Now remember, he never did tell me which bike he was originally inquiring about, but they are all priced on CL.

I was working on a couple bikes, so I had several of the bikes that are for sale that I moved into the driveway to get to the ones I was working on.
He gets here and tells me he wants a bike to put a motor on. I'm thinking, not my cup of tea, but IDGAF what you do with it after you buy it.
He asks how much each of them are. I tell him the prices that I have them posted for, and he says he can't pay those prices and left pretty quickly. Almost seemed like he was mad or something. It amazes me how dumb some people are.

Update: This idiot actually showed up, and on time too, which surprised me. I thought, hmm maybe this won't be a waste of time after all.
Now remember, he never did tell me which bike he was originally inquiring about, but they are all priced on CL.

I was working on a couple bikes, so I had several of the bikes that are for sale that I moved into the driveway to get to the ones I was working on.
He gets here and tells me he wants a bike to put a motor on. I'm thinking, not my cup of tea, but IDGAF what you do with it after you buy it.
He asks how much each of them are. I tell him the prices that I have them posted for, and he says he can't pay those prices and left pretty quickly. Almost seemed like he was mad or something. It amazes me how dumb some people are.

You can't fix stupid

When selling on craigslist I really try to avoid meeting people at my house. (There are a few exceptions with electronics and stuff that need to be tested). The primary reason however is they are often late, and I do not want to give out a address, and then feel stuck at home waiting and wondering when they will show up. I almost always meet at USPS as it is goverment property and just 2 blocks from my house. If anything funny happens my dad told me its a automatic felony. Another good option is to meet at the local police station. I once read a article where craigslist recomended this option to its sellers.

Last edited:
I don't try to buy or sell any old bicycles any longer, as I have too many already. As far as Craigslist, I think that today's cultural tendencies towards more rudeness is fast increasing. It really is about ME these days right? To heck with you buddy! Easy button. There is no downside for some idiot to blow someone off if you don't know them. It is sad that their parents taught them this. Now culturally embedded. Few people are believable these days, and it seems they are distracted by all the electronica bs. How do you live a normal and engaged life if you rely all day on your dumbphone? (My flip phone is turned off until I actually need it) I know many will disagree with me, but we were just fine without them 20yrs ago. Everyone seems to be distracted by these spy devices, putting their brains on evolutionary hold.
I will say that a bird in hand is worth a lot more than two birds in the bush, just as money in the hand is worth a lot more than three dummies promising to give it to you. I will also confidently say that it is definitely not like the 1950's any more where there was some semblance of respect for others and you did what you said you were going to do...:expressionless:

The general consensus that all craigslist buyers are low lifes is definately wrong.

I listed a pretty rare item about a week ago and got two respounces today. I live in the chicago burbs, and one guy who contcated me lives in Mississippi, he told me if I still had it next week he would make the trip as he is a truck driver and will be passing by. The second person lives in Iowa, and said he would like to come out tommorrow. (Both were very knowledgeable about the item being offered).

People who are willing to drive this far, are deffinately not bottom of the barrel, but seriously dedicated collectors.

Neither tried to squeeze me on the price too hard as I'm offering it a a very good price to begin with, but to make it worth there effort I did bend just a little bit, Please Note: "This item is not a bike".

In the past I have had people drive out from other states, and when they come that far, it has always worked out.

"One guy drove out two weekends in a row from Green Bay Wisconsin, "The first week he bought a item, and the next week he drove out again for another item he was debating about on his first trip".

"Message to Vincev: If you see this, dont worry, Its not the scooter". You still got time to decide if its the right item for what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Back