When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigslist Find---1957 Murray Super Deluxe Fleetline

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

silvertonguedevil

Wore out three sets of tires already!
After having to sell my '57 Western Flyer X53 recently, I've been so bummed that I even contemplated getting out of the hobby all together. I finally decided to brush the dust off and start looking for another bike instead. I ran across an ad on craigslist where a guy was selling several "old cruisers". His ad said to text for pictures which I did. He sent me a picture of this '57 Murray Super Deluxe Fleetline. I had never seen one of these before. I of course did some searching and saw a small handful of them on this website and on the web. I took off after work last night and drove the 500-mile roundtrip to bring it home. I got home a little after 1 am last night but enjoyed every minute of it. I am absolutely, head-over-heels in love with this bike. What a perfect bike to replace the X53 given their close relationship. Anyways, I got what I felt is a pretty good deal for a clean, original and 99% complete bike. The only thing that it's missing is the top to the headlight. Plans call for a deep scrub, some chrome and paint polishing and of course, some greasing and adjusting. Then, ride the wheels off of her with a 10-foot grin. I will be hanging on to this one!! I'll post pictures as I go along to show my progress.

1957MurrayFleetline1-vi.jpg
1957MurrayFleetline2-vi.jpg
1957MurrayFleetline3-vi.jpg
1957MurrayFleetline4-vi.jpg
1957MurrayFleetline5-vi.jpg
1957MurrayFleetline8-vi.jpg
1957MurrayFleetline9-vi.jpg
1957MurrayFleetline11-vi.jpg

1957MurrayFleetline1-vi.jpg

1957MurrayFleetline2-vi.jpg

1957MurrayFleetline3-vi.jpg

1957MurrayFleetline4-vi.jpg

1957MurrayFleetline5-vi.jpg

1957MurrayFleetline8-vi.jpg

1957MurrayFleetline9-vi.jpg

1957MurrayFleetline11-vi.jpg

Last edited:
So the wife was kind enough to let me bring my "work" into the living room so I could watch the games while working on my bike. :cool:

I started with the seat. The front spring is broken so if anyone has an extra one, please let me know. I disassembled the seat and scrubbed everything down with hot soapy water. The sink was BLACK when I was done.

1957 Murray Fleetline (12).jpg
1957 Murray Fleetline (13).jpg
1957 Murray Fleetline (14).jpg
1957 Murray Fleetline (15).jpg

Last edited:
I reassembled the seat as far as I could (without having the front spring) and I started working on the front rim. I took steel wool to all of the spokes, the rim and the hub. I found that one of the spokes was laced incorrectly so I corrected that. I will finish cleaning it, reassemble it and then I'll post some before and after pics. Stay tuned...

Is there a bike light bandit looming?
About a week ago i picked up a '56(?) all there except for the top of the light.
Great bike, an easy favorite in my little stash. Any and all tips on "cleanup" is much appreciated , as I 've never had a bike this nice in this original condition to clean. I've heard you can do more harm than good.
Anyways, that's an awesome bike and nice pics.
(we're almost neighbors, I'm 30 miles SE of Fresno)
Sorry about the qualty :
PART951358128281830.jpg
PART951357854536390_1.jpg

I think this is about to get a little uncomfortable......

I'm pretty sure that this is the bike that is in those pictures you just posted. I'm a little confused though. I'm sure this HAS to be the same bike. I bought this one last night from a guy in Porterville. Are we talking about the same guy/bike?

Back