When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigslist Find---1957 Murray Super Deluxe Fleetline

-
Are you serious? 19 year old kid.
He is supposedly holding it as a favor since i bought abunch of other stuff until February first. He just txt me 2 days ago to reassure me we were still good to go.
You bought my bike!
Have to add this to my grieving list.... I dont know what to say except ?!$@!
I'm so pissed and what a way to find out!

I think this is about to get a little uncomfortable......

I'm pretty sure that this is the bike that is in those pictures you just posted. I'm a little confused though. I'm sure this HAS to be the same bike. I bought this one last night from a guy in Porterville. Are we talking about the same guy/bike?

Are you serious? 19 year old kid.
He is supposedly holding it as a favor since i bought abunch of other stuff until February first. He just txt me 2 days ago to reassure me we were still good to go.
You bought my bike!
Have to add this to my grieving list.... I dont know what to say except ?!$@!
I'm so pissed and what a way to find out!
Guess i should rephrase picked up to thought i was picking up!

I think this is about to get a little uncomfortable......

I'm pretty sure that this is the bike that is in those pictures you just posted. I'm a little confused though. I'm sure this HAS to be the same bike. I bought this one last night from a guy in Porterville. Are we talking about the same guy/bike?

I sent you a pm. I had no idea. I feel horrible. He never mentioned that he had promised it to anyone.

Last edited:
I called and txt him, no response. What a jerk!
I'm seriously shocked.
Nice score, i know first hand.
Never mind the restoration tips:(

wow...promised sales to numerous buyers...that's just not right!!

I know this may not be the place to say this but....here goes.

What in the world is wrong with some people. First let me say that the deal is never done till it's in your hands....sorry to hear about the blown deal MoJo80. But, in the same breath, nice score Greg.

I have issues with sellers and their inability of proper disclosure of the condition of bikes or parts and I have posted this numerous times here.
But, to promise a bike to a potental buyer then sell it to another, is just not right.
Unfortunately we as buyers hope that sellers honor their agreements.
Greg, you had no idea that it was promised to another.
And MoJo80 should be disappointed and angry but, this is how it is, unfortunately too often.

I know it's all about the sale and all and getting the cash in your hand asap but, this guy should have honored the potental pending sale and said so in the second offer from another.

Just saying.

MoJo, there will be another potental bike sale, that will get you just as excited, trust me.

JD

Pickers will tell you anything!

I have had similar things happen before but it's usually the pickers who screw it up most of the time not the collectors. That sucks I ran across my 56 fleetline super deluxe fleetline at a flea market in greer sc and snagged it. Mine was set outside for years but is totally complete except for a the light . I might add that I have read that this particular light top is prone to falling off the super rocket ray so be careful when you get one. I ran across a gentleman on the cabe who has been nice enough to sell me his girls bike that has the same murray light . Eventually you will find one but they are extremely rare and when you do find one your usually looking at 200 for just the top . Cool bike original .mine is on the way to the powder coat shop soon.

Last thing

Some people might differ but in my eyes fleetline blossom x53 out of the water on cool factor. The rack is rad.

I have had similar things happen before but it's usually the pickers who screw it up most of the time not the collectors. That sucks I ran across my 56 fleetline super deluxe fleetline at a flea market in greer sc and snagged it. Mine was set outside for years but is totally complete except for a the light . I might add that I have read that this particular light top is prone to falling off the super rocket ray so be careful when you get one. I ran across a gentleman on the cabe who has been nice enough to sell me his girls bike that has the same murray light . Eventually you will find one but they are extremely rare and when you do find one your usually looking at 200 for just the top . Cool bike original .mine is on the way to the powder coat shop soon.
That's about what I figured on the going rate of one of those. I'll find one eventually. I'll just have to figure out how to properly secure it to the base. I would scream like an 8-year-old girl if that thing fell off while I was riding!!

Do you have a build thread on yours?

Back