When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigslist seller wants paypal for $150.00 bike. look at this reply..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would never send money with PayPal Friends and Family because you are not protected, if he is a scam artist. I am also on Nasty Z-28 site member for 1970-81 Camaro's and if I know the member and have bought from him before, then maybe I would send it friends and Family. The Z-28 site is similar to the Cabe except they allow selling Camaro parts in the classified section. I have asked twice before if the Cabe allows selling bike parts on it's site, but no body responded. Could some body let me know.
John.

he mentioned paypal in the ad, I emailed and left my phone number and stated I'd rather pay cash. mentioned I was half an hour away and left my phone number.

I figure the longer the story the more likely some sort of scam.

look at this nonsense response:

Right now I'm out of town, so I must act as the middleman in the transaction.

I need to use PayPal so there's no hassle getting the funds to me.

I've left the bicycle with a trusted third-party (TTP) to show to prospective buyers.

TTP can show it by appointment at one of the following times:

Oct 11 Mon 5pm or 6pm
Oct 12 Tue 5pm or 6pm
Oct 13 Wed 5pm or 6pm

What day and time do you wish to view it? I'll confirm it with TTP and get back to you with the appointment address and my PayPal address.

It'll work like this:

1) You inspect the bicycle.
2) You send $150 to me at PayPal address: [TBD later] - choose "Sending to a friend" so I end up with $150.
3) I immediately notify TTP by email that I have received the funds.
4) TTP hands over the bicycle to you.

-Mark, Owner

this was the second email, the first had $400.00 where this one has $150.00 so he is probably sending out this email on different bikes.

what is the scam here? or is he just a moron who writes well thinking people would do all this.
When you use the option "Selling to a Friend" on Paypal, there is no buyer protection. That is the scam.

Back