When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crank dents on prewar Schwinn frames...wtf?

-

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
So I'd think if previous owners got a bit of crank rub they'd get the crank replaced or realigned? The clanking would get old no?

I’ve had them where you could see into the tube, always makes me wonder. Also never see them on anything other than schwinn...

I’ve had them where you could see into the tube, always makes me wonder. Also never see them on anything other than schwinn...
Through the tube? That wouldve been major banging....the whole town knew you were coming....lol

Yes with some of those Schwinns there’s just a tiny bit of clearance between the crank arm and the frame plus a long crank arm and perhaps an aftermarket pedal where the axle threads in a bit too far

I've see some mountainbikes where the rider rode with the wheel out of true for so long that the tire wore a hole through the frame.

Maybe little Jimmy’s parents ignored him. They never bothered to teach him important life skills that could help him through some mental discomfort and he eventually slipped into a state of learned helplessness, the scrape in the frame was the result.

Back