When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crank id help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BFGforme

riding my 42 defense model Bf Goodrich
Wondering what year this crank is, has a 8 and a diamond on one side and as & Co on the other??

Thanks for the help

Well, it isn't dated. Prewar ones were generally dated. Most postwar cranks are a different style. I have heard some or all 1946s have dogleg cranks. I don't have one here to look at so cant say for sure. Schwinn was also producing in 1945 according to some records posted elsewhere on the CABE. My best guess is 1945-46.

I have also seen a postwar catalog page that showed shorter cranks still dogleg while the mens/adult crank was the newer style we all associate with postwar.

This is complicated by the fact that I don't know how long a 46 dogleg crank is. Generally prewar balloon mens dogleg is 7", and postwar mens cranks of the newer style are 6-1/2". But what length is a 45-46 mens dogleg? I don't know.

Yesterday or the day before someone posted that the 1946 dogleg has thicker arms than a prewar one. I don't recall any pictures.

My advice would be to post pictures of the whole thing, and the center to center measurement of an arm, and hope somebody knows more than I do.

Back