When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crank nut help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ed Minas

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Has anyone seen a crank nut like this? It holds the crank arm in place. The real question is what kind of tool can be used to snug it done. It has internal threads. The flat edge goes against the crack arm and the bevel faces out. So it makes it difficult to get a tool on it. I refuse to use vise grips and even if I did I couldn’t get a good bite on it. It almost needs a tool of some sort with pins to index the notches but what?

Thanks in advance.
5D2DC1B3-2AB0-4F5C-B280-69AE39240FD7.jpeg
E948F61B-4F6B-46D1-9C6A-0A426F54FEC9.jpeg
0CB620D2-B854-40B9-A1EF-9EE656BC412D.jpeg

Has anyone seen a crank nut like this? It holds the crank arm in place. The real question is what kind of tool can be used to snug it done. It has internal threads. The flat edge goes against the crack arm and the bevel faces out. So it makes it difficult to get a tool on it. I refuse to use vise grips and even if I did I couldn’t get a good bite on it. It almost needs a tool of some sort with pins to index the notches but what?

Thanks in advance.

Ed, is there any possibility that you are missing a mating concave washer to mate with your convex nut? Then the nut would be facing the correct direction to use a spanner wrench as was probably intended.
conaveconvex.jpg

Wow you guys rock. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. The nut is off a Felsco. It is interesting I have been unable to find any information anywhere on Felsco, but I have one. It is my wife’s safety. Thanks especially to Rambler you could very well be right and thanks for the diagram. It didn’t have a washer but perhaps should have. I just may have to make one.

Back