When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crank Stamps "Circle M"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dasberger

I live for the CABE
Pulled the crank off one of my 20's Schwinn's... don't believe the crank to be original. The only stamp is a "Circle M". Could be a "W" but it reads like an M to me

Any insight into maker appreciated

IMG_4513.jpg

I guess you could call that a stamp. It was stamped in the casting sand. 😉

Some months back I was doing a search on the same subject and came across a site that had all the foundry symbols that were active during WWII. I'll be damned if I can find it now. I doubt that was a Wald symbol though. I'll do another search for that site.

Nope. it was Stamped in the finishing die of a multi-die drop forging process. Any lines you may see elsewhere that make it look like it has casting "flash" are from the metal being squeezed past the edges of the dies

Let's see the other side of the crank are there any stamped or in die # here?

Here is a dogleg "M" stamped crank. I do not know how or where I 1st acquired it, which doesn't help.
1643949895198.jpeg

1643987333927.jpeg

Last edited:
The two examples above have an extra letter maybe pointing to a date? They are also straight in the center while mine is arched... Someone out there knows something!

Back