When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crappy picture ID challenge of the day (track bike?)

-

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Anyone have a clue? No headbadge but fitted with BSA parts supposedly.

1578925016870.png
1578925042698.png
1578925057555.png
1578925074437.png

Crank and chainring look like a Williams, no hole for a caliper or rod brake on the front fork and Major Taylor style stem lean towards at least a serious cyclist's bike. Nice lugs and a clamp on stem lean towards 1940s or earlier. I'd buy it for a dollar without more pictures.

Thanks guys. Hard for me to tell if its a newer bike with old stuff or an actual old bicycle. It does have wood wheels but looks like it's repainted which hurts it for me.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

there will be a date code on the chainring and if its bsa it will be marked somewhere under bottom bracket in raised letters,it could also be Brampton , the major taylor round adjustable stem is earlier than the bicycle, also we used inch pitch on track bikes right up to the 1960s in Australia ,id say 1930s-40s English track frame

Back