When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crawford Chainless Information/photos needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kurt S.

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello,

In search of information regarding 1899 -1900's, Crawford Chainless bicycles. The following is some of the information in which I need.

Serial Numbers, the question here is; if they used prefix's of letters in their serial numbers and how they relate to the year of mfg.

Any with a 6" head tube between the collars?

Any with a 2 15/16" oc holes for the badge and a 6" head tube?

I would also like to acquire some photos of the Crawford Chainless for the years from 1899 through 1901.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, KURT

I have been doing searches of the archives, and newspapers for evidence that the Crawford bicycle was made as a chainless bicycle after 1899, (possibly very early 1900). I'm not finding anything that supports that they did. Does anyone have anything to the contrary?

Does anyone have any photos of a 1899? I'd like to see the drive and the stays.

Thanks again, Kurt

Photo 1899 - drive and stays as requested:

Hope this helps :->

BookReaderImages.php.jpg

Yes actually, it does. I did not find that for 1899. I did find it for 1898 and due to to some misinformation regarding another bicycle that had been badged incorrectly for a later year thought a change in drives had happened. This confirms the 1899 design, THANK YOU!!!

Yes actually, it does. I did not find that for 1899. I did find it for 1898 and due to to some misinformation regarding another bicycle that had been badged incorrectly for a later year thought a change in drives had happened. This confirms the 1899 design, THANK YOU!!!
You're welcome. From an 1899 "The Wheel" magazine.

Back