When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crawford Chainless Information/photos needed

-

Kurt S.

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello,

In search of information regarding 1899 -1900's, Crawford Chainless bicycles. The following is some of the information in which I need.

Serial Numbers, the question here is; if they used prefix's of letters in their serial numbers and how they relate to the year of mfg.

Any with a 6" head tube between the collars?

Any with a 2 15/16" oc holes for the badge and a 6" head tube?

I would also like to acquire some photos of the Crawford Chainless for the years from 1899 through 1901.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, KURT

I have been doing searches of the archives, and newspapers for evidence that the Crawford bicycle was made as a chainless bicycle after 1899, (possibly very early 1900). I'm not finding anything that supports that they did. Does anyone have anything to the contrary?

Does anyone have any photos of a 1899? I'd like to see the drive and the stays.

Thanks again, Kurt

Photo 1899 - drive and stays as requested:

Hope this helps :->

BookReaderImages.php.jpg

Yes actually, it does. I did not find that for 1899. I did find it for 1898 and due to to some misinformation regarding another bicycle that had been badged incorrectly for a later year thought a change in drives had happened. This confirms the 1899 design, THANK YOU!!!

Yes actually, it does. I did not find that for 1899. I did find it for 1898 and due to to some misinformation regarding another bicycle that had been badged incorrectly for a later year thought a change in drives had happened. This confirms the 1899 design, THANK YOU!!!
You're welcome. From an 1899 "The Wheel" magazine.

Back