When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy Bar Stem: Kulture Bicycle - Deninger Cycle Company

-

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This piece of literature has been for sale on Ebay for years; I just noticed one detail. What is the crazy stem on this bicycle?

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

Do you think that can be recreated using Hussey parts?
I am not sure, the lower stem looks like a quilled seat post. It looks similar to a Major Taylor type but not in a "sleak racy way."
A Hussey applied that way would seem fragile as hell. So many of them are broken-up as used in their normal position. I have an entire drawer of parts to prove that.

Artistic license? False advertising? If that forward part of the '7' is round like seat post riding that could be a death wish. Is the bottom name Deninger or Peninger Cycle Company? Wonder if there is a survivor out there somewhere???

Artistic license? False advertising? If that forward part of the '7' is round like seat post riding that could be a death wish. Is the bottom name Deninger or Peninger Cycle Company? Wonder if there is a survivor out there somewhere???
But didn't Major Taylor race on a round section version.
Just a high rise clamp section on an adjustable stem?

Hi All,

Jack Bradshaw's Patent from 1899 (and, in fact, he was Irish...)

1669302554465.png

1669302497786.png

He was a busy inventor, concerned with the novelties of the day, Bicycles, Acetylene lighting, Tyres, toilet cisterns....

1669302820483.png

Best Regards,

Adrian

Attachments

• GB189918723A.pdf
    69.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Espacenet+search+results_241120221611.pdf
    443 KB · Views: 31
Back