When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy siisy bar and banana seat I.D. Needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mongeese

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
0CBCE82F-3040-4FA2-980C-9489B0DEA20D.jpeg

C9DB8B7B-830A-4B90-8260-EF37659B59CA.jpeg

F741B7ED-4A8F-4AE2-97D1-CFE25565F4A6.jpeg

C6558C3A-CDDE-4419-BE6A-7893F9A7C915.jpeg

I have a similar seat bar that i bought with a Murray Parkleigh girls bike a couple years ago. mines not quite as radical. It looks close to the one i saw on a Krate bike i saw once. Good looking bar in any case.

Those sissys are super cool to use w/ a regular Persons banana on a Sting-Ray. Makes for a good tow bar for you buddy riding a skateboard! The downfall is the limited height adj. for adults.

i have a sissy bar like the one shown. It's attached to a bread loaf seat that is gold in color. I have no idea what it came off of. Got it with a bunch of parts i purchased a couple years ago. I just picked up a 66 sting ray bare frame. It would look pretty cool on that bike.

what year is this bike? I've seen one or two of these bikes on e-bay. nice looking bike.

Columbia got a late jump in the muscle bike arena if I remember correctly. The Playbike was actually called "Playboy" the first year it was issued. I believe that was '67 but not sure. The "Playboy" bike earned Columbia/Westfield a nice letter from a popular men's magazine to alter the name of their bike from now on, hence the Playbike "88" name on the second year onward. This bike is from the second year of production and first year with the Playbike "88" name. Originally equipped with Shimano 333 grip shifter the first 2 years, stick shift after. The 88 means something as well but I don't remember what that is. The integrated handle bars were phased out after 2 or 3 years as well. That's about all I remember doing some quick research when I got this bike. This one is all orignal and in good shape. But the seatpost decal is pretty buggered which is too bad. They are cool when complete.

Back