Creaky noise???

This ad disappears when logged in

OliverRage

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jun 15, 2018
Portland, OR, USA
I recently picked up a 1936 Cleveland made bike with rear Morrow hub. When I pedal with weight/force it makes a creaky noise. I had the hub rebuilt and greased the front sprocket berrings. It still creaks! When I have it on a stand and pedal there is no noise. It’s hard to tell where exactly the noise is coming from. Any idea what may be my nemesis?
Thanks,

OliverRage

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jun 15, 2018
Portland, OR, USA
I pulled the bottom bracket apart and greased the berrings. It seemed fine. There was some wear on the cups, but not bad.
The chain was not dry and I oiled it up too.
Do you think that the chain has stretched? Would it make that kinda noise?

buickmike

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 26, 2014
Indianapolis, United States
One more thing- take a picture of the the adjusting cone / locknut in relation to the frame cup. As far as height.Us the adjustment. Cone flush with the cup or does it sit below the bearing. Cup rim.ill take a pic of my 36 since I ha be it upside down. But first I'm gonna ride it to get some ice cream.

OliverRage

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jun 15, 2018
Portland, OR, USA
So you think this is causing that noise?
Also, I bought new berrings, went for a ride, still clicking. Then I took it apart and the berring balls were dropping out of the casing!

OliverRage

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jun 15, 2018
Portland, OR, USA
Thanks for all the help!! I truly appreciate it!
I am getting new brackets tomorrow and I’ll let you all know the outcome.

buickmike

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 26, 2014
Indianapolis, United States
Here is setup on my 36 I tried to use new cones on original. Dog leg crank but the fit was so sloppy I had to use Schwinn? Crank. The cups were generic that had to be shimmed to fit tight while the adjustment cones were repop phantom reissue. Fit with no side to side play.Frankly I don't remember the bearings that were used. Although I have had cranks that free spin better than these. This setup will last.

uploadfromtaptalk1529208909229.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1529209296137.jpg

OliverRage

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jun 15, 2018
Portland, OR, USA
I bought new bottom bracket rebuild. The cups went in but not near as tight as the original ones. Got it all together and it still makes the same noise. Argh!!! Only happens when I push with force. Frustrating!!!

GTs58

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Were the cones in the BB also replaced? Worn sprockets and chain will make a noise but not sure if that's your issue. Putting a new chain on worn out sprockets will also make a noise.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture