When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creaky noise???

-
So you think this is causing that noise?
Also, I bought new berrings, went for a ride, still clicking. Then I took it apart and the berring balls were dropping out of the casing!

Thanks for all the help!! I truly appreciate it!
I am getting new brackets tomorrow and I’ll let you all know the outcome.

Here is setup on my 36 I tried to use new cones on original. Dog leg crank but the fit was so sloppy I had to use Schwinn? Crank. The cups were generic that had to be shimmed to fit tight while the adjustment cones were repop phantom reissue. Fit with no side to side play.Frankly I don't remember the bearings that were used. Although I have had cranks that free spin better than these. This setup will last.

uploadfromtaptalk1529208909229.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1529209296137.jpg

I bought new bottom bracket rebuild. The cups went in but not near as tight as the original ones. Got it all together and it still makes the same noise. Argh!!! Only happens when I push with force. Frustrating!!!

Were the cones in the BB also replaced? Worn sprockets and chain will make a noise but not sure if that's your issue. Putting a new chain on worn out sprockets will also make a noise.

Back