When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cream or white 28" Tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Luckykat32

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Ok, so I know the rim/tire dilemma for 28" wheels has been going on for some time, but for my new rider...1919 Black Beauty, I've decided on the european Westwood rims, which are 40x635 (or true 28 x 1 1/2), which I can find black tires for in the US, but not cream/white tires (with a nice vintage looking tread) here...anyone have any suggestions?

I've found cream ones in Germany: http://classic-cycle.de/en/Tires-Tubes-and-Supplies/28x1-1-2-40x635-Ralson-Tires-creme.html
and White tires: http://classic-cycle.de/en/Tires-Tubes-and-Supplies/Tires-Classic-Cycle-white-28-x-1-1-2-40-x-635.html

And those tread patterns aren't awful but they dont look as old as I want them to when mounted (I've seen a set).

Any other places you guys have seen white or cream tires? I dont mind paying the shipping from Europe, but obviously I don't prefer it...but all the Schwalbe tires are terrible looking, so I want something that looks right.

Electra Amsterdams have been discontinued. You won't find them anywhere, I know, I tried.

Electra Amsterdams have been discontinued. You won't find them anywhere, I know, I tried.

yep, now you are limited in 700c to either Schwalbe Delta Cruisers or Continental Retro Ride Urban Bicycle Tire. Glad I bought a couple of sets of Electra Amsterdams for my current projects before they discontinued them.

I tried contacting Electra Amsterdam but their email address no longer works.
It seems like manufactured goods get skimpier all of the time until there is no more quality left.

I disagree with the tread on the Amsterdam...I think they look terrible...vintage tires mostly had more "grip" coming off the tire...the grip didnt hug the tire like modern tires...and all older tires I've seen never have any grip on the side wall (only manufacturer marks).

yep, now you are limited in 700c to either Schwalbe Delta Cruisers or Continental Retro Ride Urban Bicycle Tire. Glad I bought a couple of sets of Electra Amsterdams for my current projects before they discontinued them.

Back