When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cresent No 25 tandem bicycle purchased Chicago 1893

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
how much to recover a saddle and where in Michigan?

The saddles were recovered by a leather worker in Michigan but such work is not his primary work so I am unable to state his name or company. I am sorry, but he is gainfully employed in his primary work.

Approximate cost was $160 each. He tried to faithfully recreate the look of the two saddles obtained with the tandem. The reddish saddle's original leather was stamped with a Crescent logo, but the other saddle was apparently a replacement and is a different design.

This was fom the Referee 1897....I see a No 25 there for 100.00 dollars

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 12.58.53.jpg

23928F20-4233-4961-A142-91E9A9DC0656.jpeg
1896 Crescent No.1
82D52E62-3797-437A-8330-514269794E3E.jpeg
1897 Crescent
The window lugs are typical of 1896-1897 models. The 1896 fork crown lugs didn’t have window lugs, like this one has. Also unique to 1897 are the rear chain tensioners, having the worm drive design.
The original Crescent rims have eyelets for the spoke nipples. Looks like the rear wheel was upgraded, with coaster brake. The crankset and bottom bracket are manufactured in 1897.
Someone got a very good bargain!
The window block chains are worth $500, alone.
This is a fairly lightweight tandem.

Last edited:
View attachment 7738191896 Crescent No.1View attachment 773820 1897 Crescent
The window lugs are typical of 1896-1897 models. The 1896 fork crown lugs didn’t have window lugs, like this one has. Also unique to 1897 are the rear chain tensioners, having the worm drive design.
The original Crescent rims have eyelets for the spoke nipples. Looks like the rear wheel was upgraded, with coaster brake. The crankset and bottom bracket are manufactured in 1897.
Someone got a very good bargain!
The window block chains are worth $500, alone.
This is a fairly lightweight tandem.

The tandem, as received, came with the original wood-rim front wheel separately since the rim was cracked. Replacement, steel rim front wheel, is very appropriate (well, if you ignore the shiny, ridable rim). The rear wheel has the original double-sprocket hub and spokes, but with a shiny new ridable rim. Maybe new wood rims will be installed in the future.

It rides smooth, but I've not ridden with another person up front (yet).

Original Crescent rims are not hard to locate.
They came with brass spoke eyelets.
Crescent bicycles were built very well and at great production numbers, so parts can be found....

Back