When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crimping a Fender

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
Any suggestions as to how I might be able to NEATLY crimp a front fender so that it would have indentations for a fork? I'd like to be able to accomplish this without using heat or some super specialized tool? Attached is a photo of the intended victim. I don't want to mess with the patina, and that's why I don't want to put a torch to it.

IMG_4518 3.21.20 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if you're on everyones ignore list, but there was a thread, or maybe just a post where someone made a contraption just to crimp the fenders. Wish I could remember who it was.

Well, You need a hammer and "corking tool" which is something like a rounded off chisel, to form the indents or offsets. Clamp the flange to a piece of hard wood in the area youre working then clamp the wood to your bench. and have at it. I think you'll
figure this out once you try and set it up. You might need 4 hands if you cant clamp it down. Im 2000 miles from home or I'd post a pic

Last edited:
Well, You need a hammer and "corking tool" which is something like a rounded off chisel, to form the indents or offsets. Clamp the flange to a piece of hard wood in the area youre working then clamp the wood to your bench. and have at it. I think you'll
figure this out once you try and set it up. You might need 4 hands if you cant clamp it down. Im 2000 miles from home or I'd post a pic

Thank you very much!!!! Looked up corking tool and found this video. Now I have a starting point.

but there was a thread, or maybe just a post where someone made a contraption just to crimp the fenders. Wish I could remember who it was.

If anyone knows where that might be, I'd like to see the thread or post.

here's two backyard mechanic methods.
1: A hammer, an old seatpost, and a vice.

Open up the vice an inch or so, lay the fender on it with the vice gap where you want your indent, hold the old seatpost like a baton on top, and beat it with a hammer till you get the indent you want.

Method B: big crescent wrench, little crescent wrench

Stick big crescent wrench in middle of area to be indented, and tighten it down snug.

Bend fender inwards with big crescent wrench. Bend a little further in than you need. Move big crescent wrench fore or aft and repeat til you have a dent slightly wider than you need.

Use little crescent wrench on both sides of your dent, twisting to make a square-ish transition from roundy fender to flat indent.

I can get factory looking indents using these barbaric methods, and do it all the time for fork clearance, and rear seat stay clearance.

Back