When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Critique requested -schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are some blue OEM fenders that would need to be painted.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=233062908295

s-l1600.jpg

There are some green Schwinn fenders for sale on here in the bike parts forum. Maybe they are the right ones, I'm not sure. Ride on, Sean

I will be the first to admit that I don't know beans about this family of Schwinns.
Its depending on how much " it was offered" to for. What do you want to do with it?

D serial number, 1948 B6 with a springer. A set of correct fenders and you're good to go, maybe. ;) Need a better shot of the rims or tire size, they kind a look S-7ish to me.
1548740328057.png

Thank you! So if 1948, the rack should be a 6 hole? Painted fenders and trainlight. Rims painted? Handlebars with crossbar. Seat. If anyone has parts, Please let me know!

Cross bars were a figment of Schwinn's imagination in most cases. 1948 ushered in the S-2 rims and the B6 rims were chrome. Your picture has the seat covered with grandma's rug and the correct seat might be underneath.

The pedals on this one are incorrect. Chain ring may or may not have been changed out. Gives you a rough idea of what these are selling for.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/reduced-again-1948-schwinn-b6.140127/

1548746421079.png

So, to summarize this, you've got an Deluxe Autocycle frame and springer fork that was pieced together with a Panther's rack, fenders, probably peddles and the missing or messed up graphics on chain guard might be Panther as well , Chinese rims, uncertain seat (and where'd that chrome rail on seat come from?) And later grips so possibly later bar and stem too. . The Tank is likely off of a streamliner or so. And IDK but prob got a lot of touch up paint on it too.

It's a good start on an Deluxe Autocycle reconstruction but some very hard missing parts.

Here's, although not green but black, what an original yet, may have had a few changes and is that tank for real? IDK but fork frame and fenders; fantastic orig paint, ; 48 complete looks like: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1948-schwinn-b607.100985/

image-jpeg.jpg

Thank you!

Thanks for the picture of the nice black b6. I have seen other pictures of it here on the cabe. Near as I can tell on my green B6, the frame, fork, and tank all match and don't have any touch up anywhere. I can't fathom why the fenders and wheels would have been removed. Anyway, my search continues for parts.

Back