When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross-country road trip: Looking for places to ride my bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don’t have business in Chicago, but I do have some family I was looking forward to visiting near downtown Chicago area. I was hoping to find time for a ride along the lake. However, I just now learned they will not be home so I’m thinking I might pass on Chicago for the moment. Maybe on my way back to California, though.

Somewhere in Utah, along Highway 70, is this tiny town that I am convinced was the inspiration for Radiator Springs in the Disney film Cars. I always wanted to stop by for a closer look.

AE50ADCE-4E26-4F1B-9ED9-B1DEF1C14E3C.jpeg

If you stop in Omaha, the riverfront trail is nice. I rode it a couple of times when I was working there 6 years ago.

There is a beautiful Ohio State Park just east of Toledo that has great facilities and bicycle trails and it sits in the flat lands off of Lake Erie on Maumee Bay. It might be worth a stop. I love staying there and you don't need a state park sticker to get in. It's called Maumee Bay State Park. I usually visit in mid-May during bird watching season, something this area is known for.

Back