When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crossover tanks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hukah

Finally riding a big boys bike
I don’t know if this topic has been discussed, though im certain the questions have been asked, but I couldn’t find it if it has been. And please delete if not in the appropriate location.

A lot of times we’re looking for a tank specific for our bike but tanks from other bikes might fit your bike.
I’m looking for 2 tanks and I know that other brands of bike’s tanks will fit my bikes.
I have a Murray built prewar Hiawatha (39-47(?)).
Does anyone know what other brands may fit this this frame?
I am also looking for a tank for a western flyer X-53.
Does anyone know of any other bicycles tank that may fit this?

I think this be could be a helpful topic if we could get these and other’s tanks listed so if you know what tanks will fit your year and model feel free to list it here and maybe this can become a resource.
Thanks for any considerations.

Nothing will fit it right so might as well put the right tank on!, X53 is a real specific style frame/tank & 39-47 Murry/Hiawatha covers a few different models/ frame styles but none are that rare and tanks are out there, post some pics in the wanted section, the right tank makes the bike.

I dug thru city dump pile years ago, at the bottom covered by old water pipes etc. We're a Montgomery wards Hawthorne tank. ,+ Rack. Although we were there for a metal hunt , brass, copper. I grabbed it. ,Had to trim back of tank cause it had like a fishtail on it it used it on straightbar Schwinn. Excellent graphics similar to Harley and Schwinn winged wheel. Let's face it, without a tank it's just a regular bike. Finally bending in front of tank to resemble Schwinn hanging tank.But threw it on a colson as a lot of the old bikes were similar.. just tanks from the the 60's are all I see now.Few curved tanks

Jet Flow tank is the same as an X-53

Last edited:
Nothing will fit it right so might as well put the right tank on!, X53 is a real specific style frame/tank & 39-47 Murry/Hiawatha covers a few different models/ frame styles but none are that rare and tanks are out there, post some pics in the wanted section, the right tank makes the bike.
I agree with your assessment but I’ve witnessed that SOMETIMES a “tweaked” tank can look better than no tank at all.

I dug thru city dump pile years ago, at the bottom covered by old water pipes etc. We're a Montgomery wards Hawthorne tank. ,+ Rack. Although we were there for a metal hunt , brass, copper. I grabbed it. ,Had to trim back of tank cause it had like a fishtail on it it used it on straightbar Schwinn. Excellent graphics similar to Harley and Schwinn winged wheel. Let's face it, without a tank it's just a regular bike. Finally bending in front of tank to resemble Schwinn hanging tank.But threw it on a colson as a lot of the old bikes were similar.. just tanks from the the 60's are all I see now.Few curved tanks
Style used to be an important aspect of bicycle design. The curves make the difference.

Back