When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cruiser Deluxe 5 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
:cool:
I worked for a Schwinn dealer from 77 to 82 in Manhattan Beach, Calif, and we customized all kinds of bikes for our customers at their request. The bike in the pic started out as a Deluxe Cruiser, then someone added the gearing, rear caliper brake, speedometer, rear rack, and the fenders!
Oh, That was U Good! Nothing better than witnessed testimony an U should-a stuck a brake drum on it too, The Works! .o_O [wink]

Last edited:
70/80's Spitfire/Cruiser with fenders!o_O, nothing looks worse!
Once long ago, I had a Honda 350, and I was new to motorbikes, but I knew that keeping the chain lubricated was important, so I oiled mine down and went for a ride. I had on a light brown jacket, and when I got back, the jacket had a neat streak of chain oil right down the back. I've liked fenders ever since, although I admit you really have to be pushing to do that on a bicycle.

I’ve said this here before, fenders are fine on a bike that came with fenders, the whole idea Schwinn had with 70/80s Spitfire/Cruiser’s was to emulate the California Klunker/beach cruiser so if it’s raining grab a tanker that has fenders!

I’ve said this here before, fenders are fine on a bike that came with fenders, the whole idea Schwinn had with 70/80s Spitfire/Cruiser’s was to emulate the California Klunker/beach cruiser so if it’s raining grab a tanker that has fenders!

Yep, Schwinn had 2 middleweight models with fenders during those years, the Heavy Duti, and the Typhoon. We sold quite a few HD's to people who wanted fenders on their bikes, but still wanted the "Cruiser" look. I don't ever remember having a customer ask to have fenders installed on a Spitfire or Cruiser back in the day?

Well we'll find out what this thing is. I should be picking it up tomorrow. I'll take some better picts and post them when I get them.

So here we go. Picked it up today. Needs some attention to make it ridable. Below are a few picts of the bike. Curious to know if the opinion of everyone is still the same based on the photos. All indications are the original owner had all the accessories put on by the Schwinn shop.
IMG_4037.JPG

IMG_4038.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4046.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_4041.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4049.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 9.50.12 PM.png

So here we go. Picked it up today. Needs some attention to make it ridable. Below are a few picts of the bike. Curious to know if the opinion of everyone is still the same based on the photos. All indications are the original owner had all the accessories put on by the Schwinn shop.
View attachment 1195520
View attachment 1195521
View attachment 1195522
View attachment 1195523
View attachment 1195527
View attachment 1195531
View attachment 1195539
View attachment 1195554
View attachment 1195565
View attachment 1195553
View attachment 1195561

Back