When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cruiser Tuesday

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

3-speeder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I really enjoy riding my 3-speed lightweights and various other lightweights but I wanted to make sure that I keep all my bikes in the rotation so for the last month I've been celebrating what I call "Cruiser Tuesday". This is when I get out my heavyweight ballooners or middleweights with the big swept back handlebars, tank or no tank, canti-frame, straightbar, double bar, parallel bar, single bar, or whatever and peddle em down the road. It is always a pleasure to ride these bikes and they usually get more attention than my lightweights.

Take your cruiser out on Tuesday and post it up here. I wanna see em!

Today I rode my '48 Higgins with freshly laced wheels, (my 2nd and 3rd wheels I've laced, very happy).
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Rode my heavy duty 61 Schwinn Wasp on this Cruiser Tuesday. This bike is built like a tank but rolls like a Cadillac. I love the patina on it. The peppered handlebars, dented fenders, rusty fender braces and red Schwinn primer showing through all say, "Yeah I've been ridden hard, so what." Another beautiful day to ride in the woods.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Happy Cruiser Tuesday! Today I rolled one of my youngest bikes, the Good Vibrations. Huffy's answer to the California Cruiser. Rolls true, looks good and with six gears that's twice what I'm used too. A good lunchtime rain freshened up the greenery. End of the summer here is Goldenrod season and the milkweed has gone to pod.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
It's Cruiser Tuesday. Let's see em! Today I dug out my crusty 57 Spitfire. It's been hanging behind a few other bikes for a while. I got inspired by @fordmike65 when he bumped up his Neglected Bikes thread. I remember I was so geeked when I got this bike. It was my first 50's Schwinn. Kept the crust, rehabbed the rest. Leaves are starting to change colors here in southern Michigan. Still nice and warm for now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's Cruiser Tuesday! Today's the day I leave the lightweight behind and haul that heavy cruiser up the basement stairs. Haha. Today I grabbed the 58 Corvette 3-speed. Beautiful bike really. People seem to like it. Rode it to work then took the long way home through the woods.

Did you haul out a Cruiser today? Where'd you go? Let's see em!

The gauntlet under the train bridge
image.jpg

And the rest of the ride

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Happy Cruiser Tuesday! What better way to celebrate one of the most mundane days of the week than to ride a cruiser. Today I rode my 46? CWC Roadmaster. I picked up this bike for 50$ (without the dropstand) and was going to part it out for the wheel set but couldn't do it. This happens to be one of my easiest and smoothest rolling bikes. Great for slow rolling cruises. A few hot and humid days have put a fog over the river here. Cold weather's coming. Have to enjoy the heat while I can.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back