When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crusty '38

-
1938 model C.
Some of you have seen a few pics of this bike on other threads.
Back story: I spotted this, at a shop, on the side of a road in the hill country of Texas. It was Thanksgiving weekend 2018. The shop was closed, no name or phone number posted. After coming home, decided to try and track a number down. Called a few businesses nearby and found a number. Called the Lady and asked about the bike. She said $80. I told her I wanted it but couldn't pick it up until March. She said ok, I paid her through PP. When I returned 3 1/2 months later, it was still sitting by the road. I went in and told her I am finally here for the bike. She laughed and said " do you know how many people wanted that bike!"

View attachment 1341009
Fantastic story and best patina ever. Very nice. JimRoy

Looking good. Maybe apply leather conditioner to the seat, and see how you like it. Perhaps some boiled linseed oil to the paint, and the contrast of the new wheels will be lessoned. Just my 2 cents. Or just ride it.

I like the flashy chrome rims with the old paint! Cool Schwinny. Black only tires for me but the clay looks good on this steed.

Back