When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crusty cycle truck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rustngrease

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Picked up a crusty CT , been thinking I need one of these for awhile. I think I can salvage the spokes and hubs , any suggestions for finding some usable crusty hoops.

0510211950d.jpg

0510211805b.jpg

Screenshot_20210511-102648.png

Screenshot_20210511-102640.png

That’s a good find! The handlebar stem is original and a great piece to find intact on the bike, definitely worth restoring.

You can find originals on eBay much easier than trying to find an original stem, or a non original that works that you can’t tell a difference once installed, having an original stem is the hard part. I’ve seen stem bolts for sell here in classifieds, so try posting a WTB there too.

Here is stem bolt on ebay now, but it’s 18 inches long. Check length of steer tube plus height of stem above the steer tube once installed, then see how much length you have. The steer tube on the cycle truck is longer than most other Schwinns, so may be right length. My Cycle Truck stem is paired with my ‘61 Wasp which uses different handlebars (wide newsboy ones like on rear tandem Schwinns) and it has a stem that is shorter to work for that steer tube, think around 13 inches long.

Back