When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crusty Shelby Airman

-
I ve had a few ofvthese even the stainless tank model airman with the mouse light indenture S light the rear hub should have a airman brake arm The thing about fork is be hard to make the fender and truss rods match up with the indentures in the fender which we know is original. Not many 36/37 peanut tanks with horz lobdell seats much like the Colson Commander even the creme bike i had from Castelli that came to him from Bill Weakly in the late 80’s originally had a ling spring seat he changed to lobdell which set the stage in the hobby with the black bike I got from Don Vaughn to be changed to the lobdell. Most of my peanut tanks had long spring seats. I had several shelby pieces of literature including 36-41 and Spiegal catalogs. John Atkinson now owns them all however I have never seen a Gambles Hiawatha Arrow literature only peanut tank.

Kim Heuberger would be the one able to verify the fork issue.

In addition I think John Atkinson remade the shelby kouse light tops you maybe able to acquire one. The last onebi had was a colson style mouse light and i paid and it sold for $2k. Very hard light to comeby the bubble light was not used until late 38/39. Most of those fenders had curved braces so i believe this is a 37.

Nice find i would love a original mens lobdell for my Roadmaster Cycle truck even though thats not original. That being the case many of these bikes we find have been redressed like Barbie dolls by boys as the more deluxe accessories became available as they arrived to the market. Was the fun of having a bike

Thanks all for your input.

I think the black paint is original, I think some of the white has been redone at some stage, but long ago.

After looking through all the similar bikes in @saladshooter post, I think the truss rods are original to the bike, but I do think the fork is a replacement.....

What's the best way to keep the remaining paint attached??

Thanks again CABE!!!

MrA

Thanks all for your input.

I think the black paint is original, I think some of the white has been redone at some stage, but long ago.

After looking through all the similar bikes in @saladshooter post, I think the truss rods are original to the bike, but I do think the fork is a replacement.....

What's the best way to keep the remaining paint attached??

Thanks again CABE!!!

MrA
Some say to use boiled linseed oil to preserve the patina. I like to use Marvel's Mystery oil as a substitute and have had very good results with this product.. Good luck and nice find.. RideOn. Mark.

Back