When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crystalyte 700c rim for elgin motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello i just wanted to share my finding on some 700c rims i purchased to get my 20s elgin bike up and running with modern clincher. I hear alot of people have success with velocity blunt rims but 100 a rim was a bit out of my price range. For about 60$ i got 2 rims from crystalyte off of ebay and i think there a pretty close match. I believe im going to paint them black or cherry red but im undecided yet.

20200321_102049.jpg

20200321_102113.jpg

20200321_102149.jpg

Those look like a really good match. Price is right also. Let us know how you like them after laced up

So i ended up using 301 mm spokes. the original spokes were to long but i think theses turned out great. I kept with the same spoking patterns and no spokes were sticking out. I may paint them in the future but aluminum look is growing on me

20200331_103351.jpg

20200331_104217.jpg

20200331_104230.jpg

20200331_104658.jpg

Nice, looks like you used a 4X lacing pattern, on the rear, with each spoke crossing the spokes leaning in the opposite direction from the adjacent 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th holes in the hub flange.
Some modify the 3X or 4X patterns to make the last crossover to be opposite (e.g., cross under) of the prior ones.

Last edited:
I see in my old photos of these rims they were laced underneath for the third spoke. Im no spoking master so i will definitely change that. Thank you

Nice job and “wise” investment for rider rims! I need a set of riders for an early bike and have been very hesitant to invest into pricey rims myself. The blunt 35’s look nice but still very detectable from originals.
I’m gonna do exactly what you did. Thanks for the motivation!!

Nice job and “wise” investment for rider rims! I need a set of riders for an early bike and have been very hesitant to invest into pricey rims myself. The blunt 35’s look nice but still very detectable from originals.
I’m gonna do exactly what you did. Thanks for the motivation!!

Awesome definitely post a picture when your done.

This thred has some good tires sugestions. im going to try out some xlc tires 700c x 40

Screenshot_20200331-222946_eBay.jpg

So i ended up using 301 mm spokes. the original spokes were to long but i think theses turned out great. I kept with the same spoking patterns and no spokes were sticking out. I may paint them in the future but aluminum look is growing on me

View attachment 1165076

View attachment 1165077

View attachment 1165078

View attachment 1165079

Where do you buy 301mm? I found that odd sizes cost extra and add to the cost. I use 302mm but it also depends on the ERD of the rims you are using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rims inner diameter is 23 13/16 and i found a guy who makes custom stainless steel spokes on ebay it was 26 for 36 spokes. I didn't look to far into the cheapest way to buy the spoke but i think 302mm would work for this they will probably be flush with the studs

Screenshot_20200401-093520_eBay.jpg

Back