When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CT. estate sale 11/3 Columbia ?

-

Major Taylor Archive

I live for the CABE
1541069449843.png

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/gms/d/huge-estate-tag-sale/6735212898.html

Not sure what the asking price is. I emailed the person that posted but haven't heard back. This is from an esate sale in Deep River, CT (near Old Saybrook) this Sat. 11/3. Looks like a pretty sweet rig. Maybe a Columbia ? Looks like it has a speedo as well. Nice original bike.

View attachment 893311
https://newlondon.craigslist.org/gms/d/huge-estate-tag-sale/6735212898.html

Not sure what the asking price is. I emailed the person that posted but haven't heard back. This is from an esate sale in Deep River, CT (near Old Saybrook) this Sat. 11/3. Looks like a pretty sweet rig. Maybe a Columbia ? Looks like it has a speedo as well. Nice original bike.
ya it,s a columbia late 40,s atomic.... if you get it and want to pass it down i may be interested.... pm me if so

I got an answer from the seller regarding price. They're asking $600. Said it was appraised for $1400.- $1600. (which seems high to me...) Is the asking price reasonable ? Not familiar with the model.

My five star, which is very similar and upgraded with a Springer and three tone paint color, is worth nowhere near that. I saw an atomic sell in better colors and condition last year at a swap for $300.

Is the asking price reasonable ?

I live about 20 minutes north of Deep River. I can say that the old bike market here is weird, compared to the prices I see in the CABE classifieds. Decent bikes seldom come up, and when they do, they are usually women's models. And regardless of gender, priced at least double what I would pay. Which is fine if they sold, but the ads seem to hang around until they expire, with no price adjustment (even when renewed).

My guess is that old bikes are so unpopular around here, people turn to eBay for valuation. I've bought a couple of low end bikes in CT. Paid too much, but they are riders, and were worth it to me. I'll likely do all of my future dealings here on the Cabe.

Back