When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cupertino CA (SF Bay area) Swap Meet Sun. 4-28-19

-
Did you get a pic of Ingo Mike's cashier lady? ;)

the meet was probably 95% road bike, but there was plenty of "vintage" road bikes, mostly 70's and 80's, with a few earlier examples. Ingo Mike was there with cool vintage stuff, but I did not strike up a conversation with him because I am weird like that. always have been.

I don't understand the prices on some of the 70's 80's built up bikes since I just bought a nice 2001 Lemond Maillot Jaune for 300 bucks in excellent condition. Reynolds 853, Dura Ace, components incredible 20 (?) spoke aero wheels along with another set for fat guys. bought it from a guy who found a site that would pay that price to resell at $450.00... this was a $3,000.00 bike when new!!!! 19 lbs. last of the steel framed Lemonds.

there were new bikes inside the bike shop for $7,000.00 that would not be giving you any more performance or a quicker Century time than my new/old Lemond. few more rings on the rear cog maybe and that is about it.

funny thing when you go to a road bike swap meet in road bike country, at 5'9 200 lbs I was the fat guy in the crowd.

Back