When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curiosity Rode the Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ridin' my Schween

Finally riding a big boys bike
I was just wondering if anyone knows if this Schwinn really exists. If so, it must be priceless!

IMG_1190.JPG

Strange that I should pop back onto the forum (first time in over a year, wow, where have I been) and see this. A picture of the winner and the bike itself was published in American Bicyclist in 1954. I have an original someplace, will be included in an upcoming book. Anyway, kid was from Brooklyn (iirc) and the bike wasn't a straightbar, but was instead a second generation Streamliner (Rocket Ray, etc). The kid's name was given, and it was an odd last name. A talented person could likely track his family down. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Cheers, Geoff

Strange that I should pop back onto the forum (first time in over a year, wow, where have I been) and see this. A picture of the winner and the bike itself was published in American Bicyclist in 1954. I have an original someplace, will be included in an upcoming book. Anyway, kid was from Brooklyn (iirc) and the bike wasn't a straightbar, but was instead a second generation Streamliner (Rocket Ray, etc). The kid's name was given, and it was an odd last name. A talented person could likely track his family down. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Cheers, Geoff
Good to know. Can't wait to see the photo. By the way, great book with lots of great info! Thanks for putting it together and sharing your knowledge!

Back