When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious Streamliner Trend?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pirate of the Plains

Finally riding a big boys bike
Im kicking the tires on a local Streamliner so of course that means checking recent comps and Sale prices. Ive seen more than a few times now, very nice examples of Streamliners that seem to check all the boxes as far as originality and desirable features that arent realizing or are slow to realize numbers that seem totally reasonable. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it potentially a trend related to model, brand, or just the market in general?

And for frame of reference. Im not really a Schwinn guy so there could be something obvious that Im just not seeing

Last edited:
For a while now I'v noticed that the the high end stuff is still moving but lower priced (<$1500) bikes both pre and post war have slowed down. I've seen some nice Phantoms, early Elgins, and teens bikes that I thought were bargains sit idle. I'm not a proponent of parting an original bike but when I have a bike I'm struggling to get $500 for and see an easy $800 in parts it makes me want to rethink things. I'm looking forward to Charlotte next weekend to see how things go. V/r Shawn

Seems like a decent heavyweight model.

That's a nice one! The seller has the wrong year mentioned though. No Streamliners in 52 and his serial was also used in late 1953 making this one a 1954 Streamliner which had the Rocket Ray light verses the train light that was used on the 53 model and previous B6's.

11/13 to 11/25/1954------- C72581 ------------------ C99143

Why you dippin in my Kool-Aid bro!
LoL Im just kidding. Im not really a serious buyer on this one. Im not interested in getting it for a good price. It wouldve had to be a too good to pass up price. Instead I found an old 60s 3 speed with some lighting and such I want. He asked $180, we settled on $30. Thats my kinda negotiation.

for the sake of posterity, I didnt take advantage, withhold or mislead him. In reality Its much closer to a $30 bike than a $180 bike as is often the case with people who "have seen what they go for on ebay" lol

Back