When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oncewaslost1982

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I picked this up off a friend about ten years ago and am just getting around to fooling with it. It's got an awful yellow spray can paint job. But it's solid and has good character. I ran the numbers. April 5th through 12th 1955 build date and from what I can see of the original decals under the yellow paint it looks to be a traveler. Someone has replaced the fenders and chain guard at some point I think. As they don't match up to the pics that I can find of a traveler online. I got it rideable but the tires are completely rotten. New ones are on the way. Along with tubes and rim strips. I replaced the brakes pads. It needs new cables especially the shift cable as the housing is split on it. I'm having trouble finding the right cable. It's got a great basket up front and I picked up an original schwinn kiddie seat to put on it for my daughter. I also need to find a good front fender as the one that was on it blew off on the way home from vacation a couple days ago. It's an ugly bike but I think it's worth bringing back to life. Thanks for reading. Cheers to all.

20180710_220953.jpg

20180627_204829.jpg

Got the shift cable sorted out and installed. Now i need to figure out the rear brakes. Only one side is moving to pinch the wheel when the brakes are applied. Also got the schwinn kiddie seat installed. Here is a pic of it. I was pretty happy to find it in such good shape.

15313204674068042985405441244770.jpg

Back