When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curved cranks wanted

-

37ccmflyte

Finally riding a big boys bike
Anyone got any curved cranks anything like the ones in the pictures attached?
Anything considered, any condition.

Even if you have a set could you get in touch as I would like to get dimentions so I can make a set.
Gavin
[email protected]

Attachments

• p cur nulli-bike-big.jpg
    p cur nulli-bike-big.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 110
  • p cur nulli-bike1-big_500_crop.jpg
    p cur nulli-bike1-big_500_crop.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 84
those would actually look cool of a Flyte

i could easily make a set from a regular CCM triplex crank (I think I will try), i am sure you can find a blacksmith to replicated them in NZ

I think they would look great too on a Flyte! :) I though about making a jig and bending the original cranks but the distance from the crank centre to the pedals would end up shorter.... not sure how much and if it would matter.

I can easily knock up some new curved ones from solid steel as I have access to the gear to do the job.
But it would be nice to find some original aftermarket curved ones.... but it a HELL of a long shot!
I can see my self visiting my local water jet cutting guy and then spending many hours in the workshop hovering over the milling machine etc! Great fun!

yeah they would be too short, i would actually cut it make it longer and, then curve them

Yes, it would be handy to re use the end that attaches to the central shaft on the CCM triplex cranks at least as that internal triangle would be fun to have to make and get to fit perfectly. I would worry about the old steel bending... after all these years it might not take it well, depending on it's makeup, even with the right heat.
Might need to heat treat after to restore the temper to the metal?...
All do-able of course!! :)

Back