When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curved Fork or bent

-
It's a post factory professionally rebent fork. To get nice results like that just takes a little physics. The weight of the rider plus the speed of the bike and the resilience of the wall or object it was smashed directly in to. Pretty easy to do a nice job like that other than the recoup time healing from a broken head, missing teeth, black eyes and ripped off groin area.

I too made a fork look exactly like that in my younger years. Rode at a good speed straight into the back of a parked car. Yes body and ego bused, luckily groin and teeth survived. Result was the same, professional looking rebent fork. Surprisingly frame did not get bent so I was able to replace my fork and ride again.

It's a post factory professionally rebent fork. To get nice results like that just takes a little physics. The weight of the rider plus the speed of the bike and the resilience of the wall or object it was smashed directly in to. Pretty easy to do a nice job like that other than the recoup time healing from a broken head, missing teeth, black eyes and ripped off groin area.
Thanks for the visual GT if I have nightmares about smashing one of my bikes it is going to be on your head!

Soft tubular fork can be bent very easily.

Dale Alan is correct, soft tubular forks can be bent very easily. I still recall in the bike shop which I worked in if a fork only needed a little straightening and if brakes and such did not interfere with doing so, we would simply turn the wheel, fork,, handlebars around 180 degrees then firmly/swiftly push the bike colliding the front wheel into the back wall of the shop which would often result in bending the fork back straight again. It was a faster method than using the fork jack and it really did not take much effort to bend or straighten forks.

They've been bending bent forks as long as they've been building forks. Clip from 1919:

fork_straightening_1919.png

Back