When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

curved Shelby braces

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Making a couple of those super cool curved Shelby braces
OIP.jpg
for the back of the Roadmaster rat. Bent a hunk of 1/2" metal electrical conduit and ripped it lengthwise in half.

Love the look of those heavy curved braces. If you attempt this, cut them longer than needed, so you clamp in a vice while working on them, and trim to fit.

One rough peaked fender for the front. Will make two more curved Shelby braces for it. Lots of dents in this fender. . .

Turned out real nice. My original fender roller was number 3. Joe Cargola did a nice job making them.

Nice handy work! Just so happens I need a set of curved struts also. Are you making another set, you know, for practice? I would buy a set. Good job!

Did you use any particular type of tubing bender or just bend it around a convenient round object ?

My son-in-law is an electrician. I gave him a pattern drawn on a piece of cardboard and he bent the pipe for me by hand, using a standard conduit bender. Took him under a minute. If I did it, it would of had some flat spots. I intend to paint these, but since the pipe is already zinc plated, they look factory. Sorry, I'm not going into business making fender braces or fender rolling. I am retired. Decided to place this post in the restoration tips section for reference. They're easy to make .

Last edited:
Back