When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom 3 wheeler

-
I'd like to find a doner Monark and use the fenders plus one more rear and the fork like the ones on my 1952 Monark. Damion likes the Deep fender look.

I'm glad to see other people like 3 wheelers as much as I do!!!! To bad Schwinn didn't have someone like you for R&D. As nice as the Town and Country Trikes were I feel they could have been so much better like maybe a 20" Stingray Trike with a springer or a 26" beach cruiser style bike. As much as I like Original Schwinn's brought back to life 100% correctly original, there's something to be said about the forum members who take a bicycle they feel was lacking in someway or another and create some really beautiful custom bikes.

Almost ready to start back on the trike. Doctor said I can use my hand a little just cant push or pull with the broken finger. Need to find a schwinn seat post and clamp and a tall Sissy bar and bannana seat along with the Monark fenders and fork.

15769945693815464255961762167756.jpg

Are you still gonna add a springer front end? I know most people don't like the girl frames but they look clean with Springer forks sitting low.

Yea I want to put a Monark springer with Deep monark fenders over all 3 wheels. Convert the train light to LED convert the rear Monark reflector to LED lights

Yea I want to put a Monark springer with Deep monark fenders over all 3 wheels. Convert the train light to LED convert the rear Monark reflector to LED lights

I like the sound of everything you said except the Springer. To me the Schwinn Style Springer is the only way to go. But that's just my personal preference. I love customizing old bikes. It kills too birds with one stone. First, I get to have a bicycle that's a bit unique from everyone else's. Second I also get to "correct" whatever I feel the original bike manufacturer made a mistake on. For example, I love Stingrays but there isn't a single model year that I can say I completely love. Every year stingray I like there's always something about them I would like to change. Much respect to you though for taking that young man under your wing and putting his mind and hands to good use (playing with bicycles) nice to know there's a new batch of kids ready to take over this hobby when it's our time to go.

Yea I agree with you. I like to be a little different so want to do something other than a Schwinn Springer.

Yea I agree with you. I like to be a little different so want to do something other than a Schwinn Springer.

That's a good point!!!! One thing I have always wanted to do is take a pair of Krate fork legs and some super deluxe truss rods and bend the krate fork legs out forward untill the S/D truss rods line up with the bolt holes and create my own Schwinn Lowrider Springer

Another thing I been wanting to do is take a town and country single wheel drive trike rear end, and move the right wheel bracket more towards the center so that the right side will be a mirror image of the left. Add an axle with sprocket to the right side. And make my own left hand drive rear wheel.

Back