When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Manta Ray

-

STIKSHIFTER

Finally riding a big boys bike
I always wanted a copper-tone 3 speed Manta Ray so I made one.

DSCN1331.jpg
DSCN1332.jpg
DSCN1333.jpg

The stripe on your seat is so well centered... [ not even considering the grain] no one would ever accept it as original material! This bike is nicely done!

I wonder why Schwinn limited the color selections on the Manta Rays. Copper tone looks awesome on a Manta!

Did you recover the seat I assume? Where did you buy the cover kit?

I am making some custom manta ray seats, need cover material!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I recovered the seat. Actually the black naugahyde came from our local fabric store and I stenciled the stripe using vinyl spray paint. Total cost was about $15 not including the ridiculous price I paid for the seat pan!!!

Thanks for all of the compliments!!!

Yes I recovered the seat. Actually the black naugahyde came from our local fabric store and I stenciled the stripe using vinyl spray paint. Total cost was about $15 not including the ridiculous price I paid for the seat pan!!!

Thanks for all of the compliments!!!

Excellent work you must be an artist ...Did you make the number inside the shifter a 3 instead of a 5 too? What is your phone number I'm in Columbus too

Well I don't know about an artist but thanks for the compliment. I just enjoy bringing some new life back into these old bikes so they can keep going. Actually, that's an NOS 3-speed shifter with the "3" on top.

This bike looks awesome in this color, too bad this posting is a few years old but I am new to this Forum. I am looking for a Campus Green Manta Ray seat kit. I have the pan, I only need the seat cover. If anyone could direct me to where I could find one, please let me know. You can send an email to: [email protected].
Thanks in advance

Back