When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom New York Yankee Theme bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CAT341

Finally riding a big boys bike
This was a project that took almost 18 months. The parts are all vintage parts that were either NOS or as close to NOS that I was able to obtain, some of the parts were rechromed. I wanted to incorporate some of the most notable Yankee symbols associated with the New York Yankees. (needless to say my sons and I are Yankee fans). After the bike frame, fork and fenders was media blasted it was powder coated and then professionally painted. What I ended up incoorporating into the bike was:
All the retired players numbers including #42 to honor Jackie Robinson (on the down tube)
All of the World Championship years listed on the chain guard.
The interlocking N.Y. on the chain guard.
Pinstripes along the frame.
The distinctive freize or facade that surrounds the upper deck of the stadium (on the front fender)
The top hat & bat logo (on tank).

I also used Schwinn grips and had the Schwinn darts painted on the fork to keep some Schwinn originality
IMG_1418.jpg
IMG_1425.jpg
IMG_1147.jpg

Hey Eric, notice that he had to use the chainguard for all those WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, if you build a red sux bike you can put all of theirs on the valve cap

Awesome job, my best bud that passed on back in 97 would have loved it, he was a die hard Yankee's fan who was from Staten Island.

Awesome job, my best bud that passed on back in 97 would have loved it, he was a die hard Yankee's fan who was from Staten Island.

Thanks, Too bad your bud was able to see the Minor League team that played in Staten Island......The Staten Island Yankees started in 1999 I'm sure he would have enjoyed them also.

Im with Eric That bicycle would be great if it wasnt for all that yankee stuff all over it...
Just messin around great job! cat341

Peter Griffin: "Jets suck, Knicks suck, Yankees Suck. Krypton Sucks.":D

Cool job on the paint and everything.

Back