When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cut And Rethread Forks Anybody?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
whenever you cut a thread

it is good to have a nut already threaded on- so you can back it of to clean up the cut area (you have alredy dressed it, right?) makes starting the nut back on a lot easier

I appreciate everyone's input on this, sorry it took so long to acknowledge.
I think it is worth it to buy the recommended die and practice on some forks before the needed one.
Chris

Is the schwinn fork a standard size thread?

IN case I ever need to do one or make one!

Make sure to use plenty of cutting oil while you're doing it too.

I have had a local shop do a couple for me and it's pretty quick and cheap if they have done it before! And like everyone is saying... Make sure you thread a nut onto the fork before you cut it to your desired length! It will help "rethread" the cut area.

You might also double check ALL of your measurements BEFORE you cut!! Make sure you take into account ALL of the length you are going to NEED for upper truss rod brackets, light brackets, etc...

hello chucksoldbikes onthe cabe

i lengthen forks and cut to length 25.00 plus shipping thred them and cut them off 20.00 plus shipping what ever u want done let me know i do it all the time illinois here [email protected] or chucksoldbikes on the cabe

Back