When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWC Hawthorne Zep 1939 Help ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So it looks like I need the struts for the forks and a chainguard, The lights and tank and I have a real Zep? Looking at the picture of the bike when I bought it.If ant of these parts are available Please contact me. I will trade bikes or parts for them.

Now you guys have me confused as to the year of this bike. It has a CWC lock and the serial # starts with an A which is either 1935 or around 1945 from what I see in your serial # list. What do you all think I have no idea now. The ebay auction shows how I got the bike with the locking fork that is broke. Anyone know for sure. Thank You all.

The Kingpin of the 39 Zep's. (Congrats to Jerry at Chestnut Hollow)
Snyder Built. Front fender has a "Bob" cut to it and slightly curved fender braces. Only the front fender has rear flip.
Black one is Cleveland Welding. Fender braces with more curve and front and rear flip. (Same fenders as a 37 Roadmaster Supreme).
My two cents. Stay on track with your Snyder frame. Stick with the fork set up that came with bike. Find the aluminum struts and fender set. Hard to find but not nearly as hard as the CW set. Tanks are closer to impossible than findable. Build it as a non tank version until a tank can be found.
1939%20SS%20Wards%20pg624A.jpg

0       A      1      A1A39Zep 028.jpg
0       A      1      A1A39Zep 020.jpg
1939-Hawthorne-Zep.jpg

Reviving this one. Just curious if anyone has ever seen an original Snyder built bike with the Shockmaster fork on it? V/r Shawn

To answer your question, yes.View attachment 864612
Thanks Chad. According to the catalogs of the day certain model Hawthornes--including the Zep could have the Shockmaster. It just seems strange that a CWC part winds up on a Snyder bike. My guess is there was some sort of arrangement through Wards for CWC to supply Snyder with forks for these models. Does anyone have any other examples? I'd really like to see an original '39 Snyder built Zep with a Shockmaster. V/r Shawn

Ya, as far as I've heard the CWC Shockmaster was available before the Snyder springer so if you ordered a springer they would put the Shockmaster on whatever bike you ordered.

Back