eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

RaleighRich

Look Ma, No Hands!
Aug 11, 2018
Hoopeston Illinois
Doesn't seem to be to much interest on this bike here but I'll post till it's done. It rides great better than any 50's or 60's bike I have had, has a more laid back position! Here is the newer basket and my made from original measurements basket mount, patina painted as best I could.
IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6034.JPG

IMG_6035.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG
Nice project and turning out great. I remember seeing cargo bicycles at a small grocery in Chicago many years ago and thought they were pretty interesting then. Being in Chicago they were most likely Schwinns, the frame on the CWC bicycle has a nice artistic flow to it.
Looking forward to more photos!

REC

I live for the CABE
Dec 6, 2006
Lake Worth, United States
Nice job.... Dying to see the end result!
REC
Still watching as things progress.... Likin' what you're doin' so far. Don't stop the posts until you think you're all done with it!!

REC

Krakatoa

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 12, 2016
Warren, RI, United States
Looking good! Would like to see more of the bike. Was the front fender an og paint piece?

whopperchopper

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 2, 2012
Yes, front fender was original paint, kept the white and red on it. My grandfather had a small produce market in Chicago during the30's, 40's and 50's so my sign will reflect that, wife's cousin who is a artist will paint my sign, I'm giving her full freedom on the sign graphics. Probably will be 100% done after the first of the year!

whopperchopper

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 2, 2012
Rough outline of the sign. My grandfather store was called Mikes store/produce/market, its not clear it was a small storefront. It was at the address on the sign, but there was no phone so I improvised the number. Chicago in the 1940's had 3 letters followed by 4 numbers, the letters are my initials my name is Mike also, followed by my year of birth. The store is long gone and the three flat now is 1.5 million dollar home.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!