CWC Roadmaster Cycle truck.

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

RaleighRich

Look Ma, No Hands!
Aug 11, 2018
Hoopeston Illinois
Doesn't seem to be to much interest on this bike here but I'll post till it's done. It rides great better than any 50's or 60's bike I have had, has a more laid back position! Here is the newer basket and my made from original measurements basket mount, patina painted as best I could.
IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6034.JPG

IMG_6035.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG
Nice project and turning out great. I remember seeing cargo bicycles at a small grocery in Chicago many years ago and thought they were pretty interesting then. Being in Chicago they were most likely Schwinns, the frame on the CWC bicycle has a nice artistic flow to it.
Looking forward to more photos!

REC

I live for the CABE
Dec 6, 2006
Lake Worth, United States
Nice job.... Dying to see the end result!
REC
Still watching as things progress.... Likin' what you're doin' so far. Don't stop the posts until you think you're all done with it!!

REC

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Oct 12, 2016
Bellows Falls VT
Looking good! Would like to see more of the bike. Was the front fender an og paint piece?

Reactions: Balloonoob

whopperchopper

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 2, 2012
Yes, front fender was original paint, kept the white and red on it. My grandfather had a small produce market in Chicago during the30's, 40's and 50's so my sign will reflect that, wife's cousin who is a artist will paint my sign, I'm giving her full freedom on the sign graphics. Probably will be 100% done after the first of the year!

whopperchopper

Jun 2, 2012
Rough outline of the sign. My grandfather store was called Mikes store/produce/market, its not clear it was a small storefront. It was at the address on the sign, but there was no phone so I improvised the number. Chicago in the 1940's had 3 letters followed by 4 numbers, the letters are my initials my name is Mike also, followed by my year of birth. The store is long gone and the three flat now is 1.5 million dollar home.

tpender3

Dec 21, 2008
Newport,NC
I have a question do you still. Have the measurements of the basket mounts. I’m needing for my CWC western flyer looks like I’m going to have to make. And also basket dimensions thanks

whopperchopper

Jun 2, 2012
I'm still alive!!! seat is out for a recover. And sign is finished need to pick up. Sign will be very basic and have a home painted vibe, after all this bike is a war time bike, 1942/43ish I'm guessing from the serial number and I'm thinking that time period would have been a no frills type of time, plus my grandfather would have painted it himself to save a buck... found a cool glass reflector to use! Stay tuned..
IMG_6657.JPG

mazdaflyer

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Feb 16, 2010
Mid-West
Neat project, I’d like to see some pics of the whole bike since you have went from red to patina blue. Nice restoration.

Sent using Tapatalk

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

whopperchopper

Jun 2, 2012
Neat project, I’d like to see some pics of the whole bike since you have went from red to patina blue. Nice restoration.

Thanks! I'll probably show the whole thing done in a few weeks. Just working on little details now. Overall happy with the paint job for my first attempt , but I've seen other patina jobs and mine is a few notches lower when looking close.
Sent using Tapatalk

REC

I live for the CABE
Dec 6, 2006
Lake Worth, United States
Absolutely beautiful "rustoration". The only piece needed is a dropstand, and with that it will look like you just rode it away from the place where it was employed since new. Ride and enjoy!!!!
REC

volksboy57

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Feb 10, 2012
Novato, Ca
that bike is a work of art! very nicely done, and I bet it rides nice! I have one, and it rides very nice too

Dazed & Confused

Nov 25, 2017
South Burlington, VT, United States
Good job matching front fender paint. What technique did you use for patina?

This ad goes away when you register for an account!