When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWC Roadmaster Cycle truck.

-

whopperchopper

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi, picked this up a few months ago from a fellow member, thanks !! It was missing most of the original parts but did have the dogleg crank, sprocket, guard and handle bars. I faithfully reproduced the basket mount thanks to fellow member CWCman measurements, also found a saddle I liked !! I want to ride this so I ordered new rims with S/A front drum. Fake and a rear 3 speed nexus. I'm going to order a skip tooth rear sprocket in hopes of keeping it skip tooth. Going to try my luck at a patina paint job, the red has got to go. I could use a better brake lever and a Carlisle lighting 26" rear tire to match the front. Rear rim is not installed yet .. thanks for looking. Mike.
IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5261.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG

IMG_5605.JPG

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5608.JPG

IMG_5609.JPG

IMG_5610.JPG

IMG_5611.JPG

IMG_5613.JPG

IMG_5614.JPG

Nice looking project so far. That front wheel and brake look good. Now you just need a basket and a custom sign.

After some tweaking of the rear drop outs / frame. Installed the matching rear rim with matching dart lighting tire, skip tooth chain, original chainring and Torrington #8 pedals. Rides and shifts like a dream and stops on a dime! Will shake it out for a few more miles and then try a patina paint job. My son was amazed how nice it rode.

IMG_6013.JPG

IMG_6016.JPG

IMG_6019.JPG

After some tweaking of the rear drop outs / frame. Installed the matching rear rim with matching dart lighting tire, skip tooth chain, original chainring and Torrington #8 pedals. Rides and shifts like a dream and stops on a dime! Will shake it out for a few more miles and then try a patina paint job. My son was amazed how nice it rode.

View attachment 1064019

View attachment 1064020

View attachment 1064021

Love seeing stuff like this. A great bicycle, you, and your son. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing the paint job in the future. Are you going to make a sign for it?

Doesn't seem to be to much interest on this bike here but I'll post till it's done. It rides great better than any 50's or 60's bike I have had, has a more laid back position! Here is the newer basket and my made from original measurements basket mount, patina painted as best I could.
IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6034.JPG

IMG_6035.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

Back