When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWC Roadmaster Repaint vs. Original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So, this time of year, the paint curing time might take a while longer, (including the springer fork parts, that take some handling for assembly).
Look forward to the finished product.

So, this time of year, the paint curing time might take a while longer, (including the springer fork parts, that take some handling for assembly).
Yes it’s a little cooler even here in SC and will take a little longer. The humidity has also been high the past two days putting paint activity on hold. My goal is to have everything primed/painted/cleared this weekend as I have family coming into town next week to occupy my time avoiding the temptation to tinker around. I learned my lesson with the first two bikes a few weeks ago wanting to reassemble only after a couple of days. Simply resting the frame on the hanger rack left marks. Full cure can take several weeks. Rustoleum has a 1/48 rule where if you cannot apply within 1 hour, then wait 48 hours before applying the next. Otherwise they cure at different rates and WILL wrinkle. I found that out!!! Be creative when planning and organizing your activities. I try to map out procedures such to have “mini projects” during those waiting periods. Paint the frame… while the frame cures prep the smaller components, etc….

Last edited:
Here’s a picture of the frame this morning. Not quite Kona brown, but a bit deeper than the picture I took the other day. Still a little lighter than I envisioned, but I will go with it. I will apply clear today conditions permitting.
NOTE: the oven serves no purpose beyond providing a white background for the photo. I’m not curing the frame on broil setting!!!
93C9DD63-A673-4D2C-8D6B-1127FE0162B0.jpeg

Last edited:
Most importantly you saved an old timer and gave it new life. You are doing one heck of a fine job and she will look outstanding once completed.
This is my late December 1958 frame brought back from a decrepit stage. I rattle canned it with Rustoleum, wet sanded and polished it to a glass smooth finish. I’m glad I rescued it from becoming scrap metal.

Last edited:
Most importantly you saved an old timer and gave it new life. You are doing one heck of a fine job and she will look outstanding once completed.
This is my December 1958 frame brought back from a decrepit stage. I rattle canned it with Rustoleum, wet sanded and polished it to a glass smooth finish. I’m glad I rescued it from becoming scrap metal.

View attachment 1735964
Thank you for saying that!!! That is the way I feel about it. Brought life back to a classic!!! If somebody brought me back to life, I'd want a new wardrobe instead of the clothes I was wearing 40 years ago!!! Well... maybe a few concert shirts from back then lol!!!
EDIT: I meant that yours is a beautiful bike and nicely done!!! One thing I regret is not getting the decals, etc.... the make such a difference. Do you clear coat over top of the decal?

Last edited:
Back