CWC Speed king ( how desireable are these? )

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Harley Mclemore

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 14, 2013
Antioch California
i love it. it would look good in my collection. As for how desirable i do not know

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

John Gailey

I live for the CABE
May 30, 2016
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Thanks,
Just curious because I heard of people giving up their left nut for the badge. Wondering???? This bike is totally unmolested from original owner.
Any input helps.
Cheers

Harley Mclemore

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 14, 2013
Antioch California
ive never seen this badge but its basiclly a roadmaster badge with different words. wonder if it came with a tank and a rack? fork looks bent. can ya post more pics?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
I wouldn't call the Speed King badge rare and the bike is a base level model. Straighten that fork, service it, and ride it. V/r Shawn

Reactions: Harley Mclemore

CWCMAN

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Mar 2, 2014
Sunny Southern California
I like the badge better then the bike but like Shawn stated, I wouldn't consider it rare. I certainly wouldn't give my left or my right nut for it though.

CWC was very accommodating with badging their bikes for various vendors at their request. Nice badge though, I have a couple in my CWC badge collection.

skiptooth

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jun 1, 2017
Tehachapi CA
these allways looked good w/ the 3 gill narrow tank and a springer its 46 or 47 like it...:cool:

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 21, 2013
Rochester Hills, MI
That bike should clean up great. Wish I found them in that good condition.

Mike

John Gailey

I live for the CABE
May 30, 2016
Cincinnati, OH, USA
A couple more images ( Thanks for the input guys )
It appears the person riding this biffed and messed up the front wheel as well as bent the fork. After biffing, decided to work on breaks therefore removing rear hub.
Here it sits. The one painted area I did a quick hit with rubbing compound. The chain guard is aluminum and super malleable. Boy, I was hoping this was a home run.
I'll take a single. Thanks Again

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

ratina

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 21, 2009
Westmont, IL
Not a common badge, I have a couple. Haven’t seen one on a postwar bike. Yours is interesting though. The fork is strange and the fenders dont look peaked but the paint matches.

John Gailey

I live for the CABE
May 30, 2016
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Not a common badge, I have a couple. Haven’t seen one on a postwar bike. Yours is interesting though. The fork is strange and the fenders dont look peaked but the paint matches.
Thanks for noticing the unusual characteristics. The fork almost appears to be rolled metal and not solid (first picture)
As mentioned earlier with the aluminum chainguard. I can easily manipulate it with my bare hand. Never experienced that. Were they thinking weight in those days?
Thanks again

John Gailey

I live for the CABE
May 30, 2016
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Thanks. A third can be yours. I have decided to sell this for sale under the parts thread.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!