When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWC Tank, Headlight Set Up! Question???

-

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
This is off of a late 40s, early 50's CWC Roadmaster!
Over the years the bike HAS been messed with!
My question is, This Battery, Delta headlight set up! Is this a "Home Grown" set up, or "After Market Kit" of the era?
The tank has been slotted on one side for switch, and drilled on the other side for wire to light. Battery tray actually mounts to frame, thru bottom of tank.

I believe that those lantern type lights, with the bulb built into the heavy lens housing, (sealed beam), might be rated at 6-volts, for 4 in-series (D-cell) batteries, or 1 rounded square rectangle 6V lantern type battery.
Looks mostly original, perhaps some extra household 18-awg power cord was added to the 2-wire circuit; mechanically, looks to have used 2 frame clamps. The 6 cut-outs look too nicely done for home-grown; and not sure of the likelihood of an original manufacturer providing provisions for an unknown after-market item.
1625269316240.png

Good luck and thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Back