When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWC Tank Question

-

beachcrab

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just acquired a late 40's or early 50's roadmaster frame and i'd like to add a tank, but being a newbie to this kind of bike, i have no idea where to begin. i'm sure that tanks aren't universal, and tanks for the same brand and model must differ from year to year. in examining images of bikes with tanks, some frames have a downturned mid tube (not sure of the nomenclature) as they connect to the seat tube, but mine doesn't so i'm assuming that will affect how a tank will fit. anyone want to chip in some tank knowledge or send me in the right direction?

CW1.jpg

CW2.jpg

CW4.jpg

CW8.jpg

Welcome to the group, I have a girls like yours ,badge has amf in the little circle, and takes a straight seat post w/the expander bolt on top. and no need for the clamp on these model years. hope this helps....Richard....

Not 1940’s, maybe late-1950’s by the way. Some might call it a tall-tank model or an AMF straight tube (but which tube?).
Also note how the seat stays are straight, (compared to some pictures).

Last edited:
this frame will be a ratrod project, and not intended for a close to original build, and after looking at the tanks that will fit this frame, it's not the look i have in mind. the frame seller claimed late 40's or early 50's, and i don't have enough knowledge to tell!

Back