When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycelock Part Number

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PCHiggin

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hi, Is the number stamped on the lock face the key number as well? Is AN411 a Schwinn number? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm sure you could probably source a Yale Jr core somewhere that would work, but with replacements new and used available why bother? Is yours not repairable?

I'm sure you could probably source a Yale Jr core somewhere that would work, but with replacements new and used available why bother? Is yours not repairable?
No, Im thinking of buying a bike with no key and not sure what he has. Just getting educated,I guess replacing the key or lock wouldnt be any trouble

8 times out of 10 I can get the broken key out from the front. Otherwise you just need to carefully remove the bottom plug (or just buy a replacement 1" welch plug) and push the broken key out from the back.

If there is no key then even better - just go to a local locksmith and ask for a Yale Jr key and give them the AN number. They should be able to look up the settings for the key cutter and make one for you. Or you can ping Wes and he will make you keys as well.

8 times out of 10 I can get the broken key out from the front. Otherwise you just need to carefully remove the bottom plug (or just buy a replacement 1" welch plug) and push the broken key out from the back.

If there is no key then even better - just go to a local locksmith and ask for a Yale Jr key and give them the AN number. They should be able to look up the settings for the key cutter and make one for you. Or you can ping Wes and he will make you keys as well.
Thanks,Any way to tell if its a repro fork assembly? Are they good as the gennies?

THE PROBLEMS WITH A BROKEN KEY ARE WITH THE TUMBLERS BEING STUCK WITH
OLD GREASE TURNED TO VARNISH. IF YOU LIKE, YOU CAN SPRAY SOME WD 40 IN THE KEY HOLE.
BEAR IN MIND THAT THE CYLINDER HAS TO BE IN THE RIGHT POSITION AND
LOCKED FOR THE KEY TO COME OUT. I DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO FISH IT OUT.

PLEASE LET ME CAUTION YOU!
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PUT THE LOCK IN THE LOCKED POSITION, UNTIL YOU GET THE FORK OUT OF THE FRAME IN
CASE THE TUMBLERS ARE WORN. IF THE TUMBLERS OR THE KEY WAY HAVE BEEN DAMAGED.THE ONLY WAY TO
FIND OUT IF THE LOCK WORKS IS TO FIRST TAKE THE FORK OUT OF THE FRAME.
DON'T TURN THE LOCK CYLINDER UNLESS IT IS OUT OF THE FRAME.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LOCK, I ALSO REPAIR THE CYCLE LOCKS AND REMOVE BROKEN KEYS.
ALSO, I CAN CUT SMOOTH BRASS KEYS TO CODE FOR THE “AN” NUMBER ON THE CYLINDER FOR $12.

AS FAR AS THE SCHWINN CENTENNIAL AND ANNIVERSARY LOCKS,
THOSE ARE DIFFERENT IN SIZE. I.E. METRIC VS US STANDARD. THEY ARE MADE TO FIT THE REPRO BIKES ONLY.
IF I CAN BE OF FURTHER HELP PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECT: [email protected]

Back