When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Pro Custom Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Major Taylor Archive

I live for the CABE
Picked this up yesterday at a yard sale in my neighborhood. I believe it's an '82. Lots of patina. Nice gold ano Sugino snowflake chainring and seat post clamp. Wheels are steel and weigh a ton so I may build an alloy set. Needs new bars (bent) and seat post (also bent !). Missing the head badge, anybody have one ? Should be a fun project.
IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG

Stem looks ACS. Any markings?
Suntour seat clampor knockoff?

Can't see the pedals. Unions?

Also. Are the handlebars stamped anywhere? i would hang on to them.

Cool find.

Thanks nycet3.

The only markings on the stem are "NC" and "Taiwan".

Seat clamp is unmarked, not SunTour unfortunately.

Pedals are Union.

Handlebars aren't stamped anywhere. I would love to use them but they're bent bad enough to peel the chrome. Bummer.

Should I keep the bars/pedals/OG wheels even though they're pretty trashed ? The wheels are usable but everything is steel. Super heavy. Guess I could use an alternate wheelset.

Cycle Pro's were a pretty low-end bike. I wouldn't worry about keeping it original. Make it a cool rider and have fun with it.

I agree with bairdco.
It's not a high-end old school competition bmx bike. I'd ditch the stuff in question. But if the wheels are serviceable, you could just ride them. Or get a wheel with a Nexus 3 or 5 speed. Be a cool laid back cruiser.

...on second thought, I'd clean, true and lube it. Swap out the bars and kerp it as is.

Thanks for the info guys. Going to replace the bars, tires and chain and ride it. I paid $10. for it so I think I'm ahead of the game already :D

I just spotted one of these in my neighbourhood. I went and looked it over. Thought it was mountain bike, but it ain't.

The frame was made by Giant of Taiwan. There is a data code on the drive side dropout. The serial number is on the non-driveside dropout.

The date code format is Gmmyy. You can figure out when the frame was made.

Back