When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Truck Badge & Basket

-

frankenbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
I recently bought a '65 cycle truck and the badge is missing. Which badge ("cycle truck" or "schwinn") is original and what color paint is correct? Also, did all of them come with a plywood board under the basket and did they come with a chainguard? The '41? that I bought came without either according to the previous owner. Thanks, Gary.

I recently bought a '65 cycle truck and the badge is missing. Which badge ("cycle truck" or "schwinn") is original and what color paint is correct? Also, did all of them come with a plywood board under the basket and did they come with a chainguard? The '41? that I bought came without either according to the previous owner. Thanks, Gary.
The badge would normally be the common white oval with black letters: (My '65 prior to Restomod)

Yes on both the basket board and the chainguard:

And this is the same bike after the re-do, however, this doesn't show the correct seat that it took me a while to find in excellent condition, and I don't seem to have taken any after the change was made. I forgot how poorly that camera worked!!
Something to consider - Remember that these were tools, not so much the recreational toy that a normal bike would have been. They did come a certain way, however, the person or business that owned/used them often made changes to fit with their needs. Signplates lettered, paint changed, etc. I have a couple of these that are still fairly original, nd others that were changed to meet the needs of the owners. They are great fun to ride, and get a good bit of attention

Other questions welcome, I'll tell you what I can.
REC

EDIT:
my '41 (has chainguard and is original paint.)

Hola if do you use the red one as a guide would you moving in the direction! Because the red flamboyant it's the name of the paint not red candy apple! Also the head badge it's the short Schwinn white n black for this year and the hockey or J chainguard it's the one whit small sprocket lucky 7! For the basket use a plywood board for the S1 or S2 models! For the seat the black whit rivets use on HD n phantom n CT! The names stickers are new style white not old ones for the 30a to 50a and they place on the top tube not down like the old also the pinstripe are different! I will post a photo later for your assistance!!!

Would all CT pedal cranks be stamped CT. I have a 67 and I don't see it on it.
Hola hi there rhe CT stamped crank belongs to the last years when they change the chainguard to hockey J! But not all of them! I have a couple in the past on some bikes that sold!!!!

Hola hi there rhe CT stamped crank belongs to the last years when they change the chainguard to hockey J! But not all of them! I have a couple in the past on some bikes that sold!!!!

My crank is marked SA 11 66, it could be original. I don't see CT on it anywhere. Chrome is gone and the left side pedal is broke off in it. Chainring is shot but I have a replacement for that. Truck needs a lot, I'm just going to make it a rider for now.

Hola hi have a good evening! The letters CT are stamped in some crank legs not all of them! Inside you can see the date that you saw enjoy it!!!

Back